Saturday, November 17, 2007

What do you know?


I can answer the musical question "Who let the dogs out?".

It was my cat.

I work the night shift so when I go to bed in the morning, the dogs come in and sleep with me. The dogs and the cat are still slowly working on relations; the cat hates them. A couple of days ago, I woke up and realized that something was wrong. I could move. Normally, I have 140 pounds of dogs sleeping on me somewhere.

Still groggy and looking around, I figure the dogs must be sleeping on the floor. I grabbed my housecoat (woke up 'cause I had to pee) and suddenly realized that the bedroom door was open. This is a bad thing-the dogs like to eat stuff. And they have Labrador stomachs. So off I go to the bathroom, expecting to find the house destroyed.

There, looking horribly dejected, are the dogs, out in the living room. The kitchen door only swings one way so after they pushed it open to go out, they couldn't get back in. Keep in mind that the dogs are usually woken up by my daughter when she takes them outside at 3. So, they're sort of trained that when the bedroom door opens, they run out to the living room.

Apparently, the cat figured this out, too. After my trip to the bathroom, I let the dogs back into the bedroom and went back to sleep with my usual 140 pounds of fur on me. The next day, I woke up at 10am. No dogs, door open, cat curled up beside me on the bed.

I'm pretty sure she was smiling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, she was definately smiling. Go Dancer!

prin said...

LOL!!! Funny kitty. :)

prin said...

btw, lol @ "the virgin hairy". :D

Daszzle said...

Oy, I always did have an illogical thing against cats. Poor pups ;)

punkdad said...

Dancer is usually the best of cats. The dogs have pushed her really far, so she's had enough.

Optimus Prime said...

Cats Rule and Dogs Drool!

Totally off topic but I can't help but notice that it is edging closer to February??!!! ;o)